Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finding a homeschooling style

Each of us as parents has to find a method that works for us. However, I am finding that mine is so much different than a lot of the people that I'm around. I don't honestly even know what to call my method and I wonder if it even matters but sometimes it does because I try to tell people what we do and can't just say "CM" or somethin as easy as that LOL Instead I have to tell them more than they probably wanted to know. This is why... My homeschooling method is a lot of unschooling, with about 30 minutes of worksheets per day. The rest of the time my daughter is playing educational games either with me or on the computer, reading with me or looking at books alone, doing file folder games by herself or notebooking/coloring. (I probably forgot a few other things along the way LOL) It works for us though and that's my point: If you find something that works for your child: RUN WITH IT!!!

2 comments:

Sesen said...

Hi,
I am Simon from myLot :)
just want to say hello...
have a good day

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

Thanks for stopping by Simon :)