Wednesday, December 6, 2006

I don't get some parents

This has been bothering me for a while now. I was at the library the other day and heard some parents complaining that books were too long. They went on to say that their child would sit there all night and let them read to them. Well DUH why wouldn't you want to feed your child's brain on good books. I just don't get it. I think some parents are getting really lazy and expecting that the school is going to do every drop of work for them. What a shame!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I agree. That's nuts. :( How sad that parents don't enjoy their children these days. I am sick of the comments about how people could never spend "all day" with their kids when they hear I homeschool.

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

I agree with you becouse I get a lot of that type of comment whenever I take my daughter to the library. I just shake my head to myself. The one comment that really made me mad is when I called another library the other day and mentioned that I homeschool, the librarian, who had no idea who I was, told me straight out that she thought that homeschooling was wrong. It made me sooo mad. I guess that's another issue that I should have blogged about though LOL