Monday, February 26, 2007

I must be a little crazy...

...because every time I get new books in the mail that I have ordered, I get so excited. Recently I ordered about $13 worth of books from Elaine at Yahoo auctions. Well, they arrived today and I swear they are in perfect condition! I've never received such well taken care of books from anyone's auctions before. Of course the other books were usable but these didn't even look as though they'd been used!!! Anyhow I'm really looking to diving into them. I got "A Year Full of Stories" by Georgie Adams and started reading to my dd from it. She's insisted that we start on day 1 which is fine by me because the first story was wonderful so I'm sure they all will be just as wonderful. I also ordered "Great Dinosaur Atlas" by DK and "The Ocean's Atlas" by Anita Ganeri. These books are so in depth, I didn't even imagine how in depth they were. I love the fact that they can also be used as reference books once we read through them. I've grown so tired of having piddly books on my shelves that dd looks at a few times and then is done, so I'm glad that I spent my money wisely this time. We'll certainly get a lot of use out of these. In fact, my mom was saying that I'm spending too much money on homeschooling but the truth is, I've spent maybe $100 for this coming school year and think that we'll do fine for a long time to come thanks to my wise purchases and the library.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I do the same thing when I get books. I finally got a copy of Eragon today in the mail and I did a little dance n the front porch.

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this or I'd feel really weird. I LOVE books and my dd really seems to love them too which makes me sooo happy!