Friday, November 17, 2006

Scope & Sequence

There are still some things that are beyond me. After 3 years of homeschooling you'd think that I'd have it down by now but nope LOL In fact, I'm really starting to think more and more of this homeschol journey as a learning experience for both me and my daughter. I guess it's a good thing that I'm always wanting to learn new things then. Anyhow, onto today's topic...

Scope and Sequence

I forgot what I was searching for today but these are the words LOL Anyhow, I found 1 site that is really good with helping you know what things your elementary school child needs to know. Here's the site. I'm now going to go, sit down and read through all of this information to come up with some new goals for this coming year. This will definitely be helpful whenever I go to the library. It will help us keep on track, learning what we need to learn from the free books that our library provides. This will also help me to know where I'll need to spend my money to best educate my daughter. I'm going to include these here when I'm done BUT I want you to understand that some of the things that I'm including are things that I overlooked while finishing grade K as well as what she needs to learn in first grade. This can be helpful to some of you but more than anything I want this to be a type of diary for me. My goal is to sit down at the end of the month and see exactly what my daughter has learned and what we still have to work on. Well, I'm off to work while my daughter plays on the computer for a while - Ahhh the life of a parent LOL Bye!

No comments: