Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Keeping an eye toward the future

Am I the only homeschool mom that keeps an eye on the future? What I mean is that my daughter is only 5 and a half years old and I'm already concerned about doing things right so that she can get into college. I even went so far as to do some research and write an article about this.

I know that I'm basically an unschooler but I can't give up on doing some workbook stuff each day. We only spend about a half hour on it but it makes me feel better. My daughter doesn't mind doing it since she can play and do art stuff the rest of the day. Now if she said she really didn't want to do it at all, I'm not sure that I'd be able to just let it go. I'm so nervous about making sure that she is educated even though she's doing second/third grade work. She also watches a lot of educational stuff on TV and all her toys are educational in 1 way or another so I really should relax but I just can't do it LOL

Am I the only 1 that is this way?

No comments: