Thursday, May 3, 2007

Believe it or not: Homeschool children ARE socialized (WOW!)

Sorry for the hint of sarcasm there LOL...

Last week I wrote an article about why so many traditional school parents tend to defend the socialization process that takes place in the public schools. Tonight, while my daughter is with my parents, I decided to write an article "explaining" how homeschool children get socialization. I'm not sure why I felt the need to defend us but it may have something to do with the number of parents I've been running into that defend this area's public schools. I also had a member of my church's staff last night decide to tell me why I shouldn't homeschool. While you may not know it, I really hate controversy and will do anything to avoid it. As such, I think that this article is my way of silently fighting back LOL

No comments: