Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The dreaded "S" word

Am I the only 1 who doesn't seem to know how to get socialization into their homeschool. Unfortunately there are not any homeschool groups in my area. However, in a lot of other ways we are blessed because there are so many great programs that my dd is involved with and they're all in working distance from my house. Plus we're really involved in our church's wonderful children's programming. There's also a playground only a few blocks away. While I haven't been able to have many play dates at my home, my dd is still around other children each day. Here are some of the techniques that I've used to encourage play dates. I honestly believe that these things would work if more parents actually had time to do play dates. Unfortunately in this day and age so many parents are just too busy for play dates. Am I the only 1 discovering this? I'd like to know of your success at establishing play dates for your child. What has and hasn't worked?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am lucky enough to have a lot of homeschooling support groups in my area. I found them searching through the internet. They also do PE at nearby parks for homeschooled kids.

I hope you find something, although everything you mentioned sounds good.

I'll be checking back. I am interested to know what other people might think or do for their dc.

God Bless,
JEN