Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Why do you homeschool? What makes for a good homeschooling day in your family?

Christine challenged us in her blog to share why we homeschool. Then I look at another 1 of my favorite blogs, entitled Mom Is Teaching, where she asks us what makes a good homeschool day. Well, after some thought I realized that I don't have a really in depth reason for why I'm homeschooling. Simply put I'm homeschooling to ensure that my dd has a safe place to learn and excel. As such, I feel that I'm providing her with a better education than she could get from the good school district we live in - isn't that humorous. When it comes to having a good homeschooling day... Mine is whenever I can tell that my dd has learned something from what we've done that day. Usually this happens simply by talking to her and hearing what she's learned on Animal Planet or National Geographic, or from something we've done together. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you why you homeschool and what makes a good homeschooling day for your family.

2 comments:

G said...

Why we homeschool - to allow my children to learn at their own pace, to let their creativity blossom, to be with them and to help them on their path of learning. To offer more than schools around here do in terms of history, and the arts.

A good homeschool day - when we enjoy what we do, and I can tell that one or both children have really learned something new. When C.O. says "I loooove homeschooling!"

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

I agree with you on the "why we homeschool" There really are soooo many reasons for doing it.

I'm looking forward to hearing the day when my dd says "I love homeschooling" LOL