Thursday, April 19, 2007

Am I the only 1...

... that struggles with scheduling? I know that I'm probably not alone and that this is probably why we primarily unschool (I say primarily because I do suggest some schoolwork for my dd to do on occasion). I've spent the day working on articles (1 of which I wrote about scheduling) while dd has been playing and watching educational television. We also walked to the store and back but I feel as though we should have done more. Nevertheless, I know she's learning and so I guess I should just relax LOL

2 comments:

Carol said...

Doesn't sound like you have a scheduling problem... sounds like it's a scheduling guilt problem. :)
I liken it to what you might experience while on a paid vacation at some lovely, exotic location. You pause to consider everyone back home who are all working hard for the same wage you're enjoying. You feel a twinge of guilt.... and then you go back to your pina colada and enjoy. :)

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

You're probably right. I've learned long ago that we don't do well with schedules and that we're night owls. Well, my parents tend to hastle me a lot on both issues. As a single mom I need them around but sometimes I take it to heart what they're saying when I know what we're doing is what works best for us.