Tuesday, March 13, 2007

1 last thing I just have to get off of my chest here...

I was just thinking about this and it irritated me LOL Anyway, at the park tonight I was told "you live in the best school district in the area you really SHOULD put your child in school here, you won't regret it." Ummm... You don't know me or my child, you just met us. I don't get all some people can be so defensive of public schools. I mean sheesh, I'm just bringing my dd down here to socialize and maybe make a few friends. You don't need to be giving me a lecture here. I don't know maybe I'm just a tad on the witchy side but for goodness sakes, don't push your lifestyle on me and I won't push mine on yours. With that thought in mind I simply rolled my eyes and chose not to say anything. What would you have done?

6 comments:

Summer said...

Here here! I get a few comments around here like that. There is a private Christian school that some people seem to think I should use if I don't like the public schools. Bah!

http://momisteaching.com

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

You know and then silly me, I tried to explain that my 5yo dd is doing 2nd grade work and I just go looks like I'd just fallen off the last turnip truck to have gone through the area LOL

Anonymous said...

I get so sick of explaining why Coyote is being home schooled and then having people assert there own opinions into it. But he has to learn "this" and he has to learn "that".

Yesterday I got to endure the pursed lips and dirty looks of the woman at the doctors office while I got a note to excuse him from the yearly exam.

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

Oh joy! You know, I don't think that I'd take my child to any type of doctor that is not supportive of my choice to homeschool. At least, if they are unsupportive, I think that they shouldn't be giving their opinion because they should be supportive of you making decisions for your child as their parent. I really hope that made sense LOL

Anonymous said...

t made perfect sense. The woman at the front desk isn't even a nurse and doesn't work directly with the Dr or I probably would have said something to him about it or changed Dr's.

Anonymous said...

I just had a conversation with my neighbor in which he told me that he didn't think that home schooled kids were socialized enough. I told him that that is a the normal reaction to homeschooling, and left it at that. But, what I should have said is, "Yes. That's exactly why we do it. Thanks for noticing!"