Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Lazy day

We're having another lazy day here but this time I refuse to fight it. I'm just going with the flow. I think that seeing that this is normal sometimes has really helped me to relax and feel better when it happens to us. I must say though that my daughter sure has shaped up since I started the new behavior plan. I don't know why but it's definitely helped. Basically I've been setting the timer for an hour and then when she misbehaves telling her to choose between a coin or misbehaving. If she doesn't misbehave she gets a coin, if she misbehaves she doesn't get one. The coins are given out at the end of the hour and the timer is then reset. When she gets 10 coins she gets to put a sticker on the behavior chart. When she gets 10 stickers she gets $1 for in her piggy bank. I'm not sure why it's working but I'm glad that it is. Anyhow I know that I said I'd share this with you so there you go.

No comments: